Saturday, February 23, 2008

2nd Moon Coffee Cafe
2225 E Franklin Ave Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612) 343-4255

Open Hours M-F 7am-11pm, Sa-Su 8am-11pm





















I was introduced to this shop for a Nader 2004 Meetup group and found it so friendly that I try and stop every time I get in the vicinity. Franklin Ave is very busy and not very bike friendly (I could be wrong about that since I am not from the area), but getting there by way of the trail along the river is possible by way of the Greenway from the west would make it very accessible. Seward Neighborhood is a very cool 'hood. It borders I94, the Mississippi River and Hiawatha. It features the Seward Co-op, the Blue Nile Restaurant and the Seward Cafe (I have not eaten there yet, let me know if it is worthy). Cross the Interstate and your at the UMN...check it out!!

The 2nd Moon's decor is modern, inviting and friendly with a variety of seating choices from cushy lay-z-boyish to hard bench with a view of Franklin. The coffee was well-brewed and the pastries were great - according to my two non-fussy boys. The Uni-Sex restrooms were very clean and user friendly for the kids.

No gripes here just a nice neighborhood shop.



No comments: